-Urgent Distribute Widely-
The Latin American Solidarity Network- Toronto
Mobilizes to Repudiate Illegal Coup in
Brothers and Sisters: The Latin American Solidarity Network calls on
Thursday, July 2nd, 2009 at 12:00 p.m.
In front of the office of MP Bob Rae, Foreign Affairs critic for the Liberal Party
The objective of this activity is to demonstrate our repudiation of the coup d’état that took place in
(July 1, 2009)—The Latin American Solidarity Network-
· That it refuse to recognize the de-facto government of Roberto Michelletti or any other government of a similar character.
· Demand that coup leaders recognize President Zelaya as the constitutional president of
· Demand the immediate lifting of the State of
In the case of the return of President Manuel Zelaya, the government of
· The personal security of President Zelaya should be guaranteed at all times.
· President Zelaya should continue with his democratizing project in the country that was interrupted by the coup.
· The should be punishment for those responsible for the coup, who have blocked the democratic process in Honduras, who assassinated and repressed those who resisted, who cowardly abused the Foreign Minister of Honduras and the ambassadors from Cuba, Venezuela, and Nicaragua.
· The Armed Forces of
The Latin American Solidarity Network declares that the defeat of this military coup will demonstrate the profound changes in
In our opinion, the eventual return of President Zelaya, will be product of the formidable reaction of repudiation of the coup leaders by the international community and, in particular, the decisive action and solidarity of the governments of Venezuela, Cuba, and Nicaragua, the member countries of ALBA (Bolivarian Alternative for the peoples of Our America), the Rio Group, and the heroic resistance of the Honduran people.
The Latin American Solidarity Network strongly appreciates the strong and timely response to the coup by the various Latin American and progressive organizations in
In our opinion, with the realization of the return of constitutional president of
The Latin American Solidarity Network: Casa Salvador Allende; Grupo Cultural Víctor Jara; Coalición Venezuela Estamos Contigo; Comité de Solidaridad con Bolivia-Toronto; Frente Farabundo Martí para la Liberación Nacional (FMLN-Toronto); Colombia Action Solidarity Alliance-CASA; Toronto Forum on Cuba; Barrio Nuevo; Frente Amplio-Uruguay; Grupo Cultural Orlando Letelier.